Several weeks ago, we applied to be featured in the Entrepreneur Exposition of the 2009 Wharton Entrepreneurship Conference. We were notified earlier today that we’ve been selected as one of the 25 “most promising startups”.
I’d like to congratulate you on being selected by our judges to be part of the 2009 Wharton Entrepreneurship Conference Expo. This qualifies you to attend the conference and demonstrate your business in our Startup Expo, where you’ll gain exposure to our 500+ attendees, including venture capital investors, industry professionals and talented students. There were many applicants, so your selection is a testament to the promise that our judges see in your business model, product, and team.
Some of the benefits of being selected to the WEC25 include:
- A unique opportunity to present our venture to a vast network of VCs and entrepreneurs, including Draper Fisher Jurvetson and Highland Capital.
- Exposure to potential employees/partners and other like-minded entrepreneurs from Wharton, Penn and the Philadelphia student and professional community.
- Meeting Wharton MBAs and Penn Engineering students who can do work free of charge for our venture.
- Meeting leading providers of business services, such as Morgan Lewis (legal) and Cohen Partners (insurance).
- Valuable, positive media exposure for our business in leading online and print blogs and publications including the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, CNN, and more.
- Free attendance to premier keynote speeches and panels composed of industry leaders focused on the entrepreneurship ecosystem.
The conference will be held on Friday, February 13, 2009 at the Philadelphia Marriott Hotel from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM. The keynote speakers are Julian A. Brodsky, co-founder of Comcast Corporation, and Donny Deutsch, host of CNBC’s The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch and founder and chairman of Deutsch, Inc, a $2.5 billion strategic marketing company.
Anyone can register to attend. It costs $45 for students and $85 for everyone else. If you’ll be there, feel free to stop by our table and say hi!